Ensuring your blog posts are aesthetically pleasing has a huge impact on the volume of readers that stick around to peruse additional content. For many, the decision to read has a good deal to do with the image that accompanies the post. It has much value just like the headline so it’s important to include images that entice further reading.
One of the challenges is finding the right blog post image. There’s certainly no shortage to choose from, but each of the possibilities usually has some issue and there’s something that’s not quite right. So here’s your opportunity to create your own. Check out these options for interesting blog post images. (There are both free and paid versions.)
1. Wigflip. Wigflip helps you to generate various graphics with your own text on them. You can also create images like price tags, sticky notes, and speech bubbles.
2. Wordle. This tool allows you to create a ‘cloud of words’ from a grouping of words, text, or any feed you like. You also get to choose the colors, font, and style.
3. Flaming Text. With this site, you can set your text on fire, make it brushed metal, or try one of dozens of other effects.
4. Cool Text. This tool is similar to Flaming Tex,t but also allows you to put your text on buttons like this panic button.
5. Fake magazine cover. Be creative and innovate by putting yourself (or any photo you’ve got) on the cover of dozens of different magazines.
The tools listed above give you plenty of options to create something unique and specific for your posts and can be a nice alternative to photographic images. Stay tuned for a future post on options for photographic images as this is a question that frequently comes up.