Shop and promote small businesses in your community on Small Business Saturday, Saturday, November 24th, 2012. Small Business Saturday is nestled in there between Black Friday and Cyber Monday as the holiday shopping season opens and it’s an opportunity to recognize that our local small businesses are the backbone of our economy.
Dedicated to helping small businesses and their communities, the concept came about 3 years ago with the help of American Express. By shopping and buying from local, independently owned small businesses, you’re helping create jobs, boost the economy and preserve local neighborhoods.
How do you get involved?
As a consumer:
- Visit ShopSmall.com to find out where to Shop Small near you.
- Get your friends and family involved and excited at ShopSmall.com.
- “Like” the Small Business Saturday page on Facebook.
On the ShopSmall.com page, you can find out how to get a $25 America Express credit statement by following the details on this site. Go check it out!
As a small business owner:
- Visit ShopSmall.com to help you. Look at the details for Small Business Owners in the FAQ section.
- They provide some complimentary marketing assets and in-store signage.
- Rally around this event with other small businesses in your area.
This is a great event to help promote your local communities. Plan to do your part by checking out the resources above and shopping on Saturday, November 24th, 2012.